View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 17, 2007, 07:25pm
Huck Finn

I would like to know what happened after the game, at halftime or whenever this play was discussed. Something like this would make my conversation be very direct. Hopefully, your partner apologized at the first opportunity. Otherwise I would directly address why he is calling out of his area so far. I would also discuss the rule that he blew.
Try to use the following to explain it to him: What if B1 knocked the ball twenty feet in the air, twenty feet away from the original play and A1 somehow got to the ball before it hit the ground? Or, what if B1 hit the ball, the ball comes loose, B1 touches it again and then A1 secures it before the ball touches the ground?

The dribble ends when the ball touches or is touched by an opponent and cases the dribbler to lose control.
A player shall not dribble a second time after his/her first dribble has ended, unless it is after he/she has lost control because of: art 2...a touch by an opponent.

Hit him with that right quick.