Thread: Ahhh coaches..
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 17, 2007, 05:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNCref
While I haven't had to enforce this rule in basketball (I'm not working any upper-level games, and we don't enforce it in the lower levels), I can't relate to your experience exactly, but I do see something quite similar to this in softball. I have gone through, and thrown out illegal bats before, only to see them reappear in a few games, because the team thought they would be able to get away with it.

What someone said a few posts earlier is right though. All you can do is tell them that it's STILL illegal. No use getting upset over it. Is what the coach is doing wrong? Sure it is, but we've got to just move on and enforce the rules, regardless of the fact that the coach may be a jerk.
Agree with you, that is basically what I did...doesn't stop me from WANTING to do something about it, but I am able to separate what I would like to see happen from what I know needs to happen...I know there is no penalty so I didn't impose one, but when you see this time after time after time it just gets old...like I said just venting a little frustration, not the first on this board..