Thread: Ahhh coaches..
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 17, 2007, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbilla
Is there a penalty for this?

8th grade tourney this weekend...there is one team, wearing gold unis, they come out for warm-ups and there are kids with white, grey, black undershirts, black headbands, etc, we are playing nf rules so I have them remove all of the items and we play. After the game they go to play in another gym and then come back to the gym I am in to play the final game that I am scheduled for. Right as we are about to begin, I look over and notice that they have all of the illegal items on again. So I walk over into their huddle and go "guys didn't we just have this discussion?" The coach actually says to me "well they were sort of hoping you would be gone by now". I wanted to grab the coach by the throat and choke the life out of him! First problem of course is that the officials in the other gym let them get away with it, second problem is that this "coach" who is supposed to be an "adult" could care less about the message that he sends to a bunch of 13 year-olds...I know there is no penalty, but I thought for a minute about making something up, starting the game with a T, and parking his behind on the bench for the whole game..I think he knew I was not happy b/c I didn't hear a peep from him the whole game....
I let a dif color jersey play. The team was green, but the kid forgot his jersey and he had his warm up blue on. The oposing coach came up to me and said he didn't have an issue with it. I had just walked into the gym at this point so I hadn't even noticed yet. I discussed it with both coaches and due to the weather and what not and the fact that it was a 6th grade traveling team, I let it go.

Coach.. I dont care if you coached in the ncaa.. this is a 7th grade girls traveling team.