View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 17, 2007, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
So.. I made a 5 sec call on sat. Coach sais, "Thats the shortest 5 sec call I have ever seen."
Same situation in a 7th grade girls game after a made basket I happened to glance at the clock because I knew we were under a minute in the half. The clock said 35.(something). I finish my count and blow the whistle for the 5 sec. violation and the clock stops at 29.8. I'm congratulating myself and the coach is saying something about a fast count.

That being said....

Quote:
First of all I dont talk to ***. coaches! As far as Im concerned they are like the lil yip yip dogs that are nippin at your hills when you are taking a walk with the misses.
Archer, you are no worse than an uneducated coach who believes the officials cost his/her team a game. As a High School JV coach and Varsity Assistant coach I take great offense to you lumping every coach in the world together. I don't go to those state meetings because I don't need the rule book explained to me, not because I don't care.

I have refereed for over 10 years and I give coaches the benefit of the doubt until they cross the line, you clearly come in to every game with a pre-conceived notion of what to expect from the coaches and that is every bit as wrong as the "howler-monkey" coaches that don't know the rules.