View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 16, 2007, 10:40pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
For the record, Vick had a similar sentence that the other people he was charged with. And the other defendants had criminal records. Now those individuals were not celebrities of any kind. And Vick's sentence was typical of what others in that situation got. He did not get off easy and he lost a lot more than most defendants do.

I did not call you unintelligent, but when you do not know all the facts of the case and you assume that he got off easy, I have to question that my original thought.

Peace
I'm not assuming that he got off easy, I'm frigging telling you that he got off easy.

He did not receive the maximum penalty of 5 years because his attorney finally convinced him to cop a plea. Vick had wanted to go to trial and showed absolutely no remorse for his heinous crimes. He actually believed that he did nothing wrong.

The others cut deals to reduce their sentences for rolling over on Vick. I know the damn facts of the case, and he still got off easy and will be back playing in the NFL soon enough. He is suffering major financial losses, which is all his fault. He has nobody to blame but himself.

Underperforming animals were shot, drowned, hanged, electrocuted or killed by being slammed to the ground. If you don't find this to be cruel, I have to wonder about your values.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25