Thread: Fan ejection
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 16, 2007, 01:54am
We don't rent pigs

Fan ejection

This happened last night. I was there and was a witness from a distance, and had some of the dialog filled in by sources that I deem to be reliable.
Situation: Team A is majority white wearing red jerseys. Team B is majority black wearing white jerseys. The official involved is black. The fan is white. A1 trapped in front of his own bench, squeezed pretty hard by B1 & B2. Ball is stolen, then foul is called on A1. Guy behind A's bench says, (paraphrasing) "Aren't you going to call any of the pushing on white?" (referring to the white jerseys) Official looked up at him, (they were only a few feet apart) "What did you say?" Fan: "You heard what I said." Official went and spoke to the home principal and the fan was asked to leave, which he did without further incident.
A few minutes later another A player went down hard in the lane and was slow to get up, not sure if there was a call on this play or not. Another A fan jumped from his seat on the stage to help the kid up. (he was ok) The fan gave the open palm gesture to the same official and said something like "C'mon, they're killing us!" Official quickly shot back, "You wanna be next?" and, I believe, pointed to the door. Both fans have expressed the intention to report the incident. I'm not sure who they intend to report it to, assignor, state office, or someone higher. (I could give them Padgett's name) How does everyone see this, and what, if anything, would be the fallout where you are?

Lonesome Dove