View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 15, 2007, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog5142
ARGH! Had a frosh girls' game last night...I know that the game started at 4 PM, but my partner shows up ONE MINUTE before game time. I was the R and had everything ready to go (I was there 30 mins before) and he walks in as the buzzer is about to sound. Then...no talking we just start the game because he has to put his shoes on and delays the game by about three minutes. After the first buzzer, I try to get his attention and he doesn't want to catch my eye. I start switching on every foul, per NFHS mechanic, and he tells me he doesn't want to switch. I figure that we'll discuss it at halftime so I'll go with the flow for now. (This creates a few situations where I call the foul as the lead and the ball would be going the other way...I go to the table to report and my partner just goes to the other baseline! The girls started a play behind me while I was reporting and I had to whislte it dead.) Halftime comes...my partner grabs his cell phone out of his bag, makes a call, then finds a friend and talks to him for the whole time! I tried to get his attention, but no avail. I went back in with the girls and stood at mid-court by myself. He came in just as the buzzer sounded and the rest of the game went as before.

What in the HECK do you do in those situations?! His position was HORRIBLE and mechanics were just as bad. I work hard in every game I get...both for the players/coaches...and to get better. AHHH...maybe I just needed to vent. It just gets frustrating!
Nothing you can do. Stay in your primary and call your game. Don't try to do too much.