View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 15, 2007, 04:36pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
First games of our local kids rec league this morning - 7th grade boys. During the second quarter, I hand the ball to A1 to inbound. As he's holding the ball OOB, B1 reaches across and hacks him on the wrist. At the same time, B2 pushes through a screen by A2 (who was running a set play to get A3 free to catch the inbound pass) and knocks him over. This happened right in front of me. Also at the exact same time, my partner blows his whistle to issue a T to Coach B for continuing to complain about the call that resulted in the inbound for team A.

Any guesses on how we handled it?

Oh yeah - in the second game, we had two sets of double technicals. What a morning.

Mark:

You have to stop going off your medications.

I am assuming that the game was played under NFHS Rules. Therefore, a false multiple foul has occured. B1 charged with an intentional personal foul and A1 shoots two free throws with no one lined up on the free throw lane. B2 charge with a common foul for pushing and if Team A is in the bonus, A2 will shoot free throws with no one lined up on the free throw lane. Head Coach B is charged with a technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct, he loses his coaching box privileges if the game was played in a state where the coaching box is being used and Team A shoots two free throws and then receives the ball for a throw-in at the division line opposite the Scorer's/Timer's Table. Team A will retain the AP Arrow for the next jump ball situation.

Even though B1, B2, and Head Coach B's fouls occured simultaneously, if anybody asked me, HC-B's technical foul occured after B1 and B2's foul to make the administration of the penalites easier. That's my story and I am sticking with it.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio