View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 15, 2007, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
If even one person named is not involved in steroid use, then it is a bad thing.

The witches of Salem also had to prove they were not witches, which is insanity.

I now call for all the names of former MLB players who used illegal drugs in the '60s, '70s and '80s. Let's throw them under the bus while we're at it. Oh, that was just speed and cocaine, no big deal, right? Drug use is drug use, so why now all the urgency to expose even the people who were least involved with steroids?

I think it's bad for baseball overall. It makes the do-gooder, feel-free-hug-a-tree crowd happy, but it going to hurt the game in the long run.

I would rather have cheaters in the game than quitters like the Falcon's Patrino, or dog killers like Vick. JMO.
1. You missed the point of my post, Steve. The report you slam for making "assumptions" is based on much research, direct testimony, questioning and providing those implicated with the opportunity to address their specific issues.

On the other hand you make assumptions based on what? Where is your research? Who did you question? Were they under oath? What did you do beside read a newspaper?

2. You stated: "I would rather have cheaters in the game than quitters like the Falcon's Patrino, or dog killers like Vick." I'm amazed that you would tolerate cheating under any circumstances and more amazed that you think there should be a choice made amongst activities, all of which should are harmful to the activity.