View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 14, 2007, 11:18am
Ch1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN
(1) How to pack, obviously. While minor things, I forgot my handkerchief and my gum. (I sweat and get dry mouth, if you must know).

Someone else shares my pain! What is the protocal for an official to dry the sweat off? I don't know if it's ok to go to the table for a quick towel on a TO & then go to the TO position or if it's okay to keep a rag in you pocket to dry off when needed... I sweat alot though, the only good thing about it is that it's pretty tough for a coach to say you aren't working hard.

(6) Whoever thought up the new 20 second period for replacing a disqualified player ought to be shot. Notify coach, notify table (starting clock) and there's no way to notify the player and be back to give a warning on the first horn since it's 5 seconds later. Am I the only one who saw nothing wrong with giving 30 seconds here?

Coaches were using the replacement period as a 30 second TO. I guess the Feds wanted to speed up the game by 10 seconds.

Back at it tomorrow. Girls, 2-person. It's still fun, although I'm now looking for a good game. Based on last season's records and this season's predictions, tomorrow will not be it.
Be careful what you wish for, I had been hoping, wishing & praying for a GAME during the first 2 weeks & now I've had back-to-back barn burners which came down to the last shot in OT. And yes, we put shooters on the line in both games with a few ticks left on the clock. Unfortunately it was the poorest FT shooter each time.

Back at it tonight, 3 person 5A conference BOYS match-up 7pm prime-time.
Most definately the biggest game of my young officiating career!