View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 14, 2007, 09:37am
Official Forum Member

I don't have my rule books at work, but I know there is a provision in there that allows for a technical foul against a team if the behavior of its fans warrants one. There is also a caution to use the provision very carefully.

I found it at the NFHS on-line site.

2-8-1
Quote:
Art. 1... Penalize unsporting conduct by any player, coach, substitute, team attendant or follower.
Note: The home management or game committee is responsible for spectator behavior, insofar as it can reasonably be expected to control the spectators. The officials may call fouls on either team if its supporters act in such a way as to interfere with the proper conduct of the game. Discretion must be used in calling such fouls, however, lest a team be unjustly penalized. When team supporters become unruly or interfere with the orderly progress of the game, the officials shall stop the game until the host management resolves the situation and the game can proceed in an orderly manner. In the absence of a designated school representative, the home coach shall serve as the host management.

Last edited by Ignats75; Fri Dec 14, 2007 at 09:41am.