Thread: Coach Issues
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 13, 2007, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiRef
Meanwhile team B Varsity coach who was sitting on the bench started yelling at me about how i needed to go to the possession arrow in a situation like this. I told him he was wrong and that he was not the head coach of this game and that i would only address the freshman coach, then turned to the freshman coach and asked him to keep his bench quiet.
Don't even talk to the varsity coach. You could just whack him directly, especially if he jumps up and starts yelling aggressively, but if you want to warn, only talk to the head freshman coach. Do it calmly and with no defensiveness.

Quote:
I thought this was over when, after the game, guess who was waiting for me outside of the locker room? you got it, the varsity coach. he was livid that I would talk to him like that and that he is Always the head coach if he is on the bench and how i was a "smart alec" etc..
This is just plain wrong. Turn and walk quickly back into the gym or whereever there might be "witnesses" and find the AD or other gym managment type person.
Quote:
I spoke to him for a minute and defended myself and then attempted to walk around him to the lockerroom, when he steps infront of me, blocking me from going in the door.
DOn't talk to this guy, or defend yourself . See above.

Quote:
also I tossed the home coach in the JV game, another first. after that game a spectator, who I come to find out is the girls JV coach, was waiting for me to tell me " a good official would have done this, a good official would have done that..."
"Thank you, thank you," walking quickly away into the locker room. "Thank you, thank you". Getting away as fast as possible.