View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 13, 2007, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town
Yep, but the flagrant also has an ejection as part of the penalty.

Maybe those 2 signal will be coming to a rulebook near you soon.
Whoa, Ch1, you're getting a little sloppy. flagrant and intentional ARE NOT the same, even with the different penalties. I'm not real strong on all the details of the differences, but basically the intentional foul is just another foul with a slightly increased penalty because of the severity or the circumstances. The penalty is two shots for the offended team, and the ball oob at the spot nearest to where the foul was committed. A Flagrant foul is a savage or violent act or an act that could have led to fighting. Always involves a dq for the player who committed it, and then the penalty is like that for an intentional. Flagrants rarely happen. Rarely. Intentionals aren't common, but not rare either. Lots of differences.

Also, the penalty for a player fouling out or getting a second T or getting a flagrant is almost never ejection. Players should be DQ'd to the bench so they can be supervised by their coach, assistant coach, and whoever else is in the gym. COACHES and other adults that need to be, can be ejected, but almost never players. Ejection means the offender needs to leave the gym.

Regarding the signals, I'd like to see one for flagrant, but I doubt it'll happen. The others discussed aren't even remotely likely, imo. Just have to learn to get along without them.