View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 13, 2007, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfanmike20
to futher prove my idiocy...

Intentional vs flagrant foul. Are they one in the same or different.

also.. There are at least 2 signals that are not in the rules book.

1. at the end of the game most refs I have worked with do a signal like the no basket signal, but over thier head.

2. The ejection signal. Now I know we all know the "your outa here" signal but I'm surprised its not in the book.
Fouls are either personal or technical and then they are modified by intentional, flagrant, or common...so yes an intentional personal foul is very different from a flagrant personal foul as far as the penalty (ejection vs. not!).

1. is not an approved signal and neither is the blowing of the whistle to end the period and there is a lot of disagreement about whether or not it should be done if you have read recent threads....do what others do in the area - I can't think of the last time I worked a varsity game in our area where part of the pre-game was not "we end every period with a whistle", and the "wave" either overhead or out in front accompanies the whistle usually...

2. there is no signal, you don't even need to do the "you're outta here" although many do...just call the foul, go and report it as flagrant, then go through your DQ procedure, inform the coach (and of course explain "why" the flagrant), player, scorer, and go from there....