Thread: It Never Fails
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 13, 2007, 08:43am
Official Forum Member

It Never Fails

Two nights ago had a boys JV game. Small schools with only B'ball so good talent both ways. A run and gun 3-point fest. Before the game partner and I were comparing games for the year and we had a mutual partner. Guy has a tendency to show up late and make "goofy" calls. I said as we were leaving, you watch, we've talked about him now we'll both probabaly do something stupid. 1st Qtr subs are coming in. I'm lead. I set up wide on baseline to get best angle. HC for V is standing by locker room and says,"You like to use the whole floor don't you?" I take whistle out and we laugh and talk for a second. A's guard comes running down court and makes a shot and almost...almost charges but there is barely any contact. A and B go down. Nothing to call just incidental contact. This happens just as I am putting my whistle back in my mouth and was breathing hard. Whistle makes a very quiet sound ... just a little tweet...not even loud enough to be an IW... something that no one should hear.... but three players near me did. Of all the times to have that happen. Moral to the story. Don't talk about the stupid goofs a parther makes... you'll goof up, too!