View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 12, 2007, 04:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigwhistle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM_Ref
basically this is what happened.

I was Trail, standing in front of A's bench. Play was opposite me near endline.

B knocks ball out of bounds, as this was happening two of A's players were running to check in at table.

Partner starts to administer throwing, but before he can start it, coach calls timeout. As coach calls timeout, the timekeeper buzzes for the subs. I turn to signal the timeout but the players are already in (I didn't notice though.) I report timeout and we go as normal.

Like 5 seconds into the timeout, scorer calls me over and tells me that right before i reported the timeout, two players from A ran in without being beckoned. The timekeeper confirmed this. I checked with my partner and he didn't see it, but we took their word for it being that they are "officials" as well.

We administered 1 administrative technical for the players illegal entry and gave the ball to B. Where I messed up the call is the T should have indirectly been charged to the coach, causing her to lose her box, which we didn't do.

Don't know if that makes more sense...curious to hear if others think I got it right, or hear the right way to handle that.
why do i bet that you were playing the game on team b's court? it is amazing how the table usually doesn't offer up these helpful tidbits of information if "their" team was the guilty party