View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 12, 2007, 10:38am
Official Forum Member

Never cared for the rule change that allowed the coach to call a time out. It forces me to look away from the action for a split second to see if they are calling TO or something that sounds like it, or if it's a fan.

Last night during a VG game, I had full court press on, and Team A was trapped in the far corner looking to pass out, but couldn't. I was on my 7 count for the timeline when I heard what I thought was TO. I'm trying to watch for the foul, count, OB, but I had to look away. The coach has the Tech sign up and shouting "time". I blow the whistle and give it to him. When I look back at the play, I notice the ball has been batted away as my whistle goes off.

Here is the Paulster theory on this play. I give the TO when I hear the TO, even though my whistle has not yet blown. There is a time frame from verifying the TO to looking back at the play and blowing the whistle.

I think the rules committee needs to go back to forcing the players to call TO. Verbally or with signal. It was never an issue then......Course you Michigan fans probably disagree since Chris Webber cost you the game. NC fans loved it!