Thread: NCAA rulebook
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 11, 2007, 11:41pm
Official Forum Member

Mike, we're not switching for beach footbal yet.
We're getting into the Pan American Football Association, and they use NCAA rules. Now it's my job to translate the rules and train some officials. And I'm already very scared of what might happen on the way.
The thing is we formed a Brazilian Football team this year and went to Uruguay to play a friendly game. It was interesting and everybody got very excited about playing on grass with the whole equipment. So now we're starting what should be a slow transition to grass and NCAA rules.

As a matter of fact, guys, there's some talk about a possibility of bringing one NCAA official down to Brazil to, maybe, help us out with a clinic or something like that, and to officiate a small tournament. Problem is that it seems like the date we'll have for that is during NCAA season. I'm trying to antecipate or postpone the date to april/may 2008 or 2009 and get our stuff out of the season's way.

Any ideas if I should speak to some president of officiating or something like that to arrange the visit or should I go look for officials individualy?