View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 11, 2007, 11:53am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIAA REF
Lets say they are both adament to on their call, we know they should of discussed it in their pregame but the mistake was still made. This is my thought. Please advise if I am incorrect as I think this out. They get together and discuss, they can't decide on who is right they call the other official over to discuss it and lets pretend he was the R. He tells them I do not know, I was screened and did not see if it was released in time. Then by rule they can ask one other person, the clock operator. A quick sidebar, don't ask the oerator if it was good. Ask him or her where was the ball located when the buzzer was sounded. He he has definitely knowledge we can go by his answer (pray to God he/she is a trustworthy soul) if they don't know and we still don't have an answer and although at this point you feel as if you should be in a Southwest Airline commercial... We would have count the bucket and if it resulted in the end of the game fun like hell to the locker room. If this was the playoffs make it you car.
I wouldn't do this. I would NEVER ask the table considering up here the timer is hired and paid for by the home school. We would go with the person who WAS SUPPOSED to be responsible for the last shot and the other official would get an earful from both of us in the locker room.

This is the kind of thing I see in JV games all the time. Both officials waving off a shot, or blowing their whistles at the end of the quarter, or both signaling in a substitute. There should be one person signaling or whistling. PERIOD.