View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 09, 2007, 06:56pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
I had the exact opposite occur. Asked my opinion too late..... Course, I ain't Mark either!

Rec league, B13/15. Team A winning in the closing seconds and Team B starts with the intentional fouls. NOT the right kind either. These were non-basketball two handed pushes or blatant holds. Sr. Ref, more experienced than me, rewards 1 and 1 to A. A misses first. B gets ball and scores. A gets ball and again there is intentional foul (two-handed push). A misses first. Refs again award one and one. I'm going crazy inside..... B eventually wins in OT.

Sr Ref comes up and asks what I thought of game. I said, the purpose of the intentional foul rule is to prevent exactly what happened here. He said, yeah, I coulda called it. I was dissappointed, because the Sr Ref thinks he's "all that" and also the coach that lost was my co-coach from last yr....and his team probably would have one if the rule was applied properly.

- I don't think anyone in the gym knew differently.

- Yeah, I know A could have won if they hit their free throws. That's why they're free!