Thread: Agree or not??
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 08, 2007, 10:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armymanjones
I would not want to be the judge and jury. I would prefer the school board evaluate the ejection and levy the fine accordingly instead of it being automatic and the official being put on the spot. If the coach or player is tossed it should be reviewed and fined for severity if deemed necessary. Just my two pennys worth.
The way I see it worded, they don't really say there is an evalution of the severity. I would like to think there is. I trust in my judgement, but realize there are still officials out there who have less judgement when it comes to coaches.

I do enforce the rules, but find myself thinking its going to take a little more to get that second T. I have also heard other officials say they aren't going to eject a coach for anything less than a severe infraction. I only want it to be consistant.

Overall, I am happy with the state. However, I hope they clarify this in the future.

It is also a POI about any foul language during a game. We have been told if an evaluator hears any cursing during a game without action from the official, that official will be suspended. Hard to swallow, being as you maybe can't tell where it comes from, and hence don't know who to penalize. And I certainly don't believe foul language should ever be heard in the bleachers, but they are putting alot (more) pressure on us with such strict guidelines. I'm not going to listen to it (cursing) but sometimes don't hear a V level player saying something under his breath in disgust of himself. Many times I think to myself "*****, I missed that one" and might even would say it were it not for the whistle in my mouth.