Thread: How to proceed?
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 08, 2007, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

How to proceed?

3 Min into game. White fouls Red. Whistle, call foul signal, go to report. Reach table report Red 15, Push, OOB. Turn to where partner is ready to inbound ball for Red, horn sounds, book say there is no 15 white. Everybody in the Gym knows White fouled red. I had reported the player who had been fouled not the the player who committed the foul. Both partners approached, told them what I had done, neither of them knew the number of the White player who had committed the foul.

What is the "correct" way to proceed? I thought somewhere I had read to how to "move on" and implemented it. But I have not been able to find the reference I "thought" I had previously read.

I instructed the bookkeeper to record 1 team foul to "White", not record it to any specific player, and administered a TI for red. Since I was table side the White coach ask for explanation, I gave it, he accepted it. He said, "so one of my players gets 6 fouls tonight? "Yep, do you know which one?" He schruggs his shoulders, BIG smile, game goes on without a hitch.