Thread: My fault...
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 08, 2007, 02:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018
It's simply unrealistic to believe there's never going to be a time in a quick turnover situation that an official isn't going to be out of position.
I din't say that. In the OP, he is trying to get someone to side with him that this isn't his fault. It is. Sure there are times when you may not see something, but does that it any less your fault? No. Take responsibilty for your own actions or inactions. If not, I know who you vote for.

Quote:
In the OP, the lead gave him a clear 2-point signal. If the lead hadn't seen it, he shouldn't have signaled anything, and then he could look to C for help, and after that you're left with "best guess."
He only got the signal from the Lead after he asked for it. My point is, ask the C who has sencondary or dual responsibility depending on where the shot came from not the Lead who has no responsibility for 3-pt shots.

Quote:
If I'm involved in the same play and the lead on my crew gives the a signal for 2 or 3, I'm gonna trust him.
If I'm involved in the same play, and I have no idea if it's a 2 or 3, I'll ask the C for help first.

Last edited by Mregor; Sat Dec 08, 2007 at 02:42pm.