View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 08, 2007, 11:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
IMHO situations like this are a problem in high school basketball
Given the reason for starting this thread, I would guess the OP has had other situations where someone earned a T and it wasn't given. So what happens when another official does the right thing and gives a T? What happens when another official doesn't give a T? Where was the rest of the crew or other official? Did this only happen when the OP was near the coach or did it happen all game but his partner(s) didn't do anything?
Well I'm finding I am in the minority in dealing with bad behavior. So my experience is the coaches are SHOCKED when they get a T. I ran into a coach , who i had given a T to earlier that week,at a local tourney and he asked me if we could talk about it. He asked politely and I wasn't working that day-so what the heck. He, 1st year Frosh coach told me he had been acting like that in his previous 5 or so games and no one said a word about his behavior. He lasted about 1min 20 seconds with me before he got himself dinged. I know it's a coach so take that FWIW but he seemed sincere about his behavior and no one addressing it.

He said he would "tighten his act up."