View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 08, 2007, 12:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbilla
To make it even better as we are coming out to start the second half, a guy approaches us and introduces himself, turns out he is one of the varsity officials/state finals official, so I am really interested in what he has to say. He asks us a few things and then says "That T - did you really think that was necessary?" Apparently the coach went up to him at halftime and goes "how can the guy T me for my assistant getting a drink of water?!?" He didn't bother of course to mention the prior two warnings, nor the comment before walking down to get a drink...once I explained that,the varsity official was a little more understanding (he hadn't seen all that), but I still didn't get the feeling he was sold on it...as I said I can't remember the last HS T I gave and I truly am not a bench watcher. If the coach hadn't been literally in front of the table twice, we probably never would have gotten to this point, but at some point enough is enough! Thoughts?
I know this my sound like being a SmartA!!. when the "varsity/state finals official" questioned me why I gave A technical. My response would have been all unsporting behavior is penalized accordingly.