View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 07, 2007, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
The general procedure after a timeout or intermission is outlined in rules 4-38, 7-5-1 and 8-1-2. Also see case book plays 7.5.1SitA. Rule 10-1-5(b) is the penalty for ignoring the ROP procedure.

2) If it's after a charged TO, see casebook play 10.1.5SitA. In normal situations, see casebook play 10.1.5SitC.

3) it means that team members are habitually outside of the bench area, as specified in rule 1-13-3, when they're not supposed to be... i.e. TO's, etc. Penalty is covered under rule 10-1-4PENALTY--team technical foul. Handle with extreme care.

Please feel free to post the exact question, including the #. I don't think that anyone posting on this forum, including myself, has ever had a problem with that. It's the posting of complete exams and their answers that tends to piss people of(not just myself).

JR..............you always have the right rule # or casebook reference at your fingertips. Is the the product of looking it up or do you have a system for researching these questions. I suspect you do it the old fashioned way and dive into the manuals. The old saying 'he who chops wood stays warm twice', meaning by you looking these cases up, it keeps you spot on regarding rulings.

Not only do you know the letter of the law, but apply common sense to your game philosophy.