View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 06, 2007, 11:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
I agree.

The AD isn't necessarily wrong. Remember he is referring to a PIAA interp. We don't know exactly what that says. My state has a bench-clearing provision that immediately terminates the game. If three or more individuals leave a team bench, we're done. We are to assess all of the Ts, but not administer the FTs and then write the report. The PIAA could have something similar.

The same is true here, but it occurred to me that in an area where the games are assigned by the ADs and the officials have to contact those folks for games, not an association or office, then it would be logical for such a phone call to take place. Someone from PA will have to chime in and let us know how the assignments are handled in that area.
This is actually the district in which I work. Assignments are made by an assignor, not the schools. We are actually expected to communicate with schools only for logistical concerns (i.e. time of game, confirming assignments, etc.). Any matters relating to the game itself are to be funneled through the assignor. This is not to say that the officials on the game (I do not know who had the game, so have not talked with these guys) did not deviate from this and actually call the AD, but they are not supposed to.