View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 06, 2007, 04:02pm

UES,

I was never a "small diamond umpire," which proves that you definitely know very little about me. I don't care how young you are, you have a long way to go to be as good an umpire over a long period of time as I was. I am retired now, you didn't just "pass me by like the wind." Such arrogance. Watch out, you might be confused with me with an ego like yours. You're a joke.

You were never taught to respect your elders, I see. I suppose if Doug Harvey came on this board, you would disrespect him as a "has-been" or a "white hair?" He no longer umpires either, I guess you blew by him too, huh? Fat chance. By the way, my hair is still mostly brown.

Here is what I meant by what I pompously stated. Garth has approved this response:

"I was a better than average umpire when I contemplated going to pro-school and I believe I would have had a better than average shot of making it in umpiring."

Now, that is much better, isn't it. I am over-confident by nature, so overstating the facts goes with the territory. Being a legend in my own mind should never be stated on a bulletin board for the public to ridicule.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25