View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 06, 2007, 02:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCubP
I understand what here, and here are my two techincal cents:
BITS - Technically, there's no "out-of-bounds space" above OB either. For all intents and purposes, a player, by rule, is not out of bounds until he/she touches something that is out of bounds (which does not include the air out of bounds).
JUULIE - The rule does actually say "leave the floor for an unauthorized reason," as opposed to using the words "in bounds," so I see the counterpoint, too.

But I still think if this was the way the rules-makers intended the game to be played, all boundary lines would be vertical planes at all times (i.e. plexiglass cage), and not lines on the floor.

To take it one step further, then, is it a violation or a technical foul for a player jumping high off the ground (leaving the floor) in reaction to an official's call/no-call during a live ball?
LOL on the last sentence.

As for the other parts - jumping off the floor doesn't even have anything to do with BITS' arguement. The only thing that matters is that the player intentionally ends up OOB. Some would say that is leaving the floor for an unauthorized reason.