View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 06, 2007, 06:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
AAUA96, I learned from actual minor league umpires, who were full-time minor league umpires. Our association has had quite a history of both minor and major league umpires among its ranks.
SDS, you made my point. Fill-in's are not "actual minor league umpires" and should not mislead others into thinking that they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
It is only minor league baseball for chrissakes. It is really not that big of a deal.
If you wonder why you draw such contentious disagreement, you only have to look at what you write. Those MiLB umpires that taught you so well, when they gave you an example from their experience, did you tell them "It is only MiLB, it's not that big of a deal?" Did you say "I know you did 500 professional games, but Mike had a fill-in game 4 years ago, and he says the proper mechanic is this, not what you just said. I'll do it his way?"

When it is in your best interest (when it applies to you), you hold MiLB umpires in high esteem. When you want to disagree with Garth, you choose to denigrate their profession and say "it's not that big of a deal" and it's okay to mislead others and pretend to have more qualifications than they really do.

Which is it - do MiLB umpires have your respect - or not?

Walt