View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 05, 2007, 12:14am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Defensive holding or illegal contact has been called all year rather consistently. I saw a call in favor of the Bears last week where the contact was less than in the Monday Night game. I saw a call this Sunday against the Vikings in favor of Roy Williams. Those are just two examples I saw that were even less contact and I did not see much complaining by the media about those calls.

Secondly, the catch at the end of the game was good. The receiver never missed a beat when the ball hit his hands. It was not even close. A catch is not required to be completely tucked in your chest.

This game is just another example on how people who have never strapped on the whistle do not have a clue as to what happens in a game.

Peace
Personally, I don't get the *****ing on the defensive holding call -- it was quite freaking obvious. WAY more than 5 yards downfield, the defender held the receiver for at least 2 steps and then let him go. I'd be wondering why the official DIDN'T throw the flag. Hell, it's illegal contact or holding - doesn't matter as both carry an AFD in the NFL.

Throwing the flag should've been an ejection.