View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 07:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAndBack
Can't believe nobody's discussing this.

Not just this, but the whole thing, everything that happened at the end.

How about in a game of this magnitude, you don't throw an official's flag into the freaking stands?

Typical player. Always looking for an alibi or a scapegoat. It's always the officials. You guys let the Patriots drive for the winning score. Your defensive coordinator called time out when you stopped them on 4th and 1.

You lost. You decided the outcome of the game.

That said, I don't know what to do about an official calling a player "boy," whether or not said official and said player share the same race and the official played in the league or not.
Hi guys I am from the Baseball side however, I think all officials share one thing in common - BLAME US for your loss.

What about the following:

1. Ed Reeves interception in the first half and he "hot dogs" like Dion Sanders and fumbles costing the Ravens a possible 3 points

2. After the Ravens stopped Brady and Company, they got a great punt return and had the ball 1st and 10 at the Pats 30. They did nothing and Boller threw a pick.

3. The Ravens offense was horendous in the 4th Qtr. They couldn't even get a first down. They had numerous chances to put the game away.

4. It wasn't the officials fault that the Defensive Coordinator called Time Out when the Ravens stopped the Pats on 4th and one.

5. After the Pats scored the go ahead TD, there were still 48 seconds left and the Ravens had one Time out left. If they had not committed 35 yards in penalties there was a good chance for a decent run-back (especially with the wind the way it was) and have a chance at getting in field goal range to tie the score.

The Ravens lost because of the Ravens.

With that aside be honest. Over on the baseball Forum we often criticize MLB umpires when they make a mistake, so I will ask the football officials this

Was that a good call to end the game? After all the pass was to a tight end and there is almost always some sort of bumping going on. Personally I thought it was a bad call but as mentioned above the Ravens lost that game themselves.

Pete Booth