View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 07:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
I guess that some of us feel differently about it than you do.
I know of at least seven posters here who have worked as fill-ins at the MiLB level. How many do you see listing that on a signature resume?

Those who feel differently, for the most part, are those who think it's okay to be deceptive.

Quote:
He is obviously proud of the fact that he has worked some minor league baseball. That is something to be proud of for most people. Over 99% if all umpires worldwide cannot make that claim. I would count it as a major umpiring accomplishment to have worked as a sub in the minors.
Quite often it is more of being in the right place at the right time. I filled in once when the plate umpire went down during the game. Why me? One of the front office guys knew I was there watching the game and they didn't have to wait for someone to get to the ballpark.

Quote:
Perhaps he should state "Levels worked:" in front of the various levels of ball to indicate that he is not a current full-time minor league umpire.
The honest description would be "MiLB, Fill-in".

In reality, he is only fooling the truly unknowing. Anyone who understands umpiring wrote him off when he included MiLB and ASA in the same breath.