View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 04, 2007, 02:32am

Okay, here we go again. Yeah, we know you could have been a major league umpire....you've told us numerous times.

Hey Garth, I'm not supposed to say anything about that (because of your direct ridicule), but if you are going to open that one back up, then I will reinterate again:

In every single endeavor that I have undertaken with any degree of seriousness since high school I have been successful. Had I gone to umpire school there is no doubt in my mind that I would have been an honor graduate. And had I worked the minors, there is no doubt in my mind that I would have eventually ended up in the Show. Hey, I know that I didn't go to school, so I can't make any claims. But I do know how I go about things when they mean something to me. I have been top graduate in the military, several trade schools, and will be graduating from a prestigious graphic design school Magna Cum Laude in March.

So when I say that I would have graduated in the top 10 of a 150 student umpire school class, that is exactly what would have happened. I do very well when I apply myself. Actually, I'm glad I didn't go in some ways, because I probably would not have enjoyed the life, and I would not have the family I currently have. But as far as putting in the work that it takes to be a pro umpire, had I gone I would have certainly worked my tail off. I was already a pretty damn good umpire to start with and it would not have been too far of a reach to the top of one of Harry's classes.

I am one of those people who never could quite settle on a career, which is why I'm back in school, and of course, getting straight A's. I need a career that I can physically handle because of my current health. It is something I am taking very seriously, as I have finally found a field that I really truly love.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25