View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 03, 2007, 10:03pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Housewife here. It may sound like it would be easy to juggle the schedule, but it's been surprising how troublesome it can be, especially with little kids.

At the point where I might have started into the college routine, my youngest was very ill, in and out of the hospital, and I knew for sure I couldn't commit to the kind of availability a college (even JUCO) assignor would want. That was a very difficult decision for me to make, but I haven't been sorry. Kid definitely more important than long drives in the rain and snow to earn $100 bucks getting shrieked at, and the the long drive home. I didn't know if I was good enough to move much above that, and just wasn't willing to risk my family relationships.

I was right to make that decision, kid needed lots and lots of attention for a couple or three years. He's doing better now, since we have finally found a drug that has stabilized his condition without a lot of bad side effects. But we still never know when the effectiveness of the drug will wear off, and we'll be back to swelling, drug reactions, vomiting and dashes to the emergency room.

I will never be able to do college, which in some ways is a good excuse, since I really wasn't sure they'd ever want me!