View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 03, 2007, 02:03pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH
My bad, I was at a Kansas v. SMU game last week, guess I had them on my mind. Still, noone has really addressed the question.....

I don't know where they stood, I wasn't there, I'm speaking in hypothetical terms here! Coach Haskins tells the players he wants them standing there as the KENTUCKY team comes out of the huddle, "like a wall, like a force" (direct quote from the movie). So, again, KENTUCKY breaks their huddle and young Pat Riley turns around and he's nose to chest with Big Lattin and the other players staring them down. Got anything? Let it happen? Turn and run? Wonder who's gonna play you in the movie?
Understand sports movies use dramatic situations to make the story more interesting. There were many things in that game that were not quite accurate to help engulf the audience into the story. If I remember the movie correctly, they were not quite nose to nose. And if as an official they looked at each other, I do not think that would be an issue with me. Someone would have to do something or some contact would have to occur or words would have to be exchanged and that would be a little different. Even then, officiating is not about penalizing every time players interact negatively. Based on what I remember and the way you described the situation, Ts are for when things happen not for when players look at each other and make no contact. Intimidation is not illegal. If that was the case every time someone blocks a shot then we have to call an unsporting T.

Peace