View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 02, 2007, 05:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Ref63
This, my friend, is not adversity. The loss of a child, a financial crisis, a health crisis, these can be considered as adversity. To have a disagreement on an internet forum with someone I've never met cannot begin to be equated with adversity. I've had people sit across my desk with life-changing decisions to make before they leave my office. That, my friend, is an exercise in judgment. The decisions I have to make on the basketball court pale in comparison.
I agree with you, but you are acting as if someone is accusing you of violating your Pastoral Ethics. I just wanted to know when we were asking for coaches for their opinions on these issues. I did not think that was a bad question.

Quote:
People like me? You mean preachers in general or just preachers that happen to officiate? If you base your opinion of preachers of what you read on the internet, then you don't know preachers in the least.
The basis of my opinion is only based on what you try to represent in your signature and the way you responded to a non-confrontational question.

Quote:
Apparently you do, friend. You stated earlier in this thread that my decision may not be accepted well by a coach who knew the rules. So, are you saying that your calls are based upon what the coaches think of your calls?
Actually I do not care. I just asked a question of you and you responded as if I went after you personally. Then you attacked me in a personal way that was not called for based on the nature of this conversation.

Quote:
You also said that coaches do not know the rules like the officials. If that is the case, then I am in no danger of having this judgment questioned. You can't have it both ways.
I said coaches do not know the rules like coaches; it has nothing to do with judgment. I do not know what way I am trying to have it. I just found it curious that you put so much stock into what a coach said. I would not go as far as Mark did, but I find it curious why you would be talking to a coach before a game about a game you witnessed. That does reek of some behavior that is not professional, but sometimes I have been in situations when coaches ask about things games I was not apart of. It is hard to avoid those conversations sometimes (host coach might be the AD and shows you to the locker-room). But to come back here to justify that is curious. It is really curious as to why you reacted to a simple question.

Peace