View Single Post
Old Wed May 15, 2002, 08:07pm
Official Forum Member

I have a few responses to this:

1) You might want to get a clarification on the warm up rule. My understanding is that the coach cannot warm up the pitcher ON THE FIELD. There is nothing in the LL rules that I am aware of to prevent a coach from warming the kid up in the bullpen area.

2) Are you sure the catcher has to wear all of the equipment? LL rules specify helmet and cup which means that usually there is more than one kid who can warm the pitcher up. If your league has a ground rule that supercedes this then so be it. I would get that clarified if I were you.

3) How come some other kid did not put on the equipment for a couple of minutes?

4) Was the catcher up or stranded on base? If he was on base, many leagues (including my own at some levels) allow a courtesy runner. If he was up, how long did that take?

5) Changeover is 60 seconds. Not pitcher's warmup. If they waste it, tough.

6) Your original post said that this was going on between almost every inning. How could they not have warmed their pitcher up every inning?

It sounds to me like the coach is making excuses. There are just too many ways to avoid this problem if they want to for it to be an issue.