View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 30, 2007, 06:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignats75
Interesting you say that. Last year I had a notoriously mis-behaved coach (he was fired at end of season) earn a T for that. After arguing a foul call, he was squatting in front of his seat (1st Half so FTs by opponent are in front of him) while we were administering the FTs. I was T (2-person), so I had him in my line of sight. He waited until the shooter started his shooting motion and then he slapped the floor real hard and yelled BOX OUT. I wacked him for unsporting behavior. When he asked me what the T was for, I said "unsporting behavior". He asked "what for?". I told him to ask his AD (who is a licensed basketball official). The AD told me a couple of weeks later that that was a great call.

I had him 6 times in two seasons and he had earned 5 Ts in that time, but the other 4 Ts were always by my partner.
We had an issue here the other night with some similarities to this post, and I'd like to solicit some opinions. (BTW I did NOT work this game, so fire away.)
Player due to attempt the 2nd of 3 FTs with his team leading by 1 and only two seconds left. Teenage spectator from the home crowd gets up, leaves the stands, and walks out the open doors directly under the basket at that end of the gym. The Lead administers the ball to the free-thrower. He has it for a few seconds when the spectator who is now just outside the doorframe bends over and sticks his @ss back towards the shooter.
The officials allowed the FT to continue and the shooter missed.