Thread: T mechanics
View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 30, 2007, 12:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH
1. Whistle, T sign (make it look really cool, yet unemotional)
2. Partner needs to get to you before you go to the table, especially in a 3-person crew, discuss who the T is on, which end the shots will take place, and how we are resuming play (this should only take a few seconds, it keeps you from looking dumb when the whole crew doesn't know whats up)
4. Report to the table (again look really cool, everyones watching, but still be unemotional)
5. Go opposite, get away from the coach, no good can come of you staying, and if a 2nd T needs to be given the perception is much better if it comes from the "innocent" party.

Trust me, I've called plenty of T's, this is one I know how to handle! I ejected a coach tonight in fact.
#2 is the most important part. NEVER neglect this step. If you're feeling emotional, or something frazzling just happened, this step also gives you a few seconds to calm down and pull yourself together.

Also, don't call the T on the coach if the opponent has a breaking play. Do call it right away if that T coach's players have a breaking play.