View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 29, 2007, 03:09pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtg19
And I agree with others who are of the opinion that it matters not whether or not you are the "referee" on the game. Rut's opinion that the referee has the authority to overrule the call in the OP does not have a basis in the rules (as was pointed out by JAR's rules citations).
First of all if you are going to disagree with my point of view, at the very least accurately disagree with the point I was making. I did not say overrule. I did not even use that terminology. And if you disagree on the reason a basket should count, the Referee has some authority in that area. And I would even extend that issue to a couple of partners that disagree on a call; someone has to have to break the tie if you will. And this is not a judgment call; this is an obvious rules mistake so bad that something needs to be done. And in most situations if you are the Referee (at least that I am aware of) all officials are going to go down, not just the calling official if you let an obvious rules mistake go without any change.

Peace