Thread: Camps
View Single Post
Old Mon May 13, 2002, 05:45pm
9 times

Re: It is a personal decision.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
This debate is no different than saying buy an SUV over a regualar car. There are +'s and -'s to everything. You just have to decide what works for you. I am a veteran and I cannot still find any reason at this stage to go to these camps when in the end it will only be throwing money at those camp directors rather than getting hired or really taking away something that I can use at home. I personally think you are better off doing some extensive reading and applying it to court with people that will actually see you during the year.

Peace
Jeff makes a good point here there are +'s and -'s to every type of camp. He and I just disagree about what the right path is. Do some investigative work of your own to determine what is right for you. Personally, I use money that I earn reffing to pay for all of my camps, uniforms, etc. so I never really "miss" the money. It is set aside for that purpose and I have never really felt like I haven't gotten my moneys worth at the camps. I have spent over $1000 on a camp before, but only 1 time and it was an outstanding experience.

I have always been able to take things from the camps home to use in my everyday games. Reading is nice, but doing something and having it corrected right away is something else entirely. I have heard so many guys say that they got advice that they had never heard before and they had been to lots of local camps. I guess I just won't be swayed about the value of the "big time" camps.

Good luck to all campers this summer.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019