View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 20, 2007, 01:35am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
Hmmm... OK, but revising a prediction based on current events is not a prediction. It is merely reporting. There are few new facts in the indictment other than the indictment itself. It does, however, forever put to rest the claim by some Bonds apologists that he has never tested positive for steroids. Test reports are part of the government case against him for perjury (according to news reports).
You and Garth just don't get it I guess. Now that there is an actual case against Bonds brought forward (there was not one at the time of my original statement that Bonds was untouchable), I have the right to change my prediction. My last prediction was wrong. I was freely admitting that I may have spoken a bit too soon as to any conviction.

Dakota, I am not reporting anything. I say he will get "no jail time." That is a real prediction. It is not "merely reporting," as you call it. That makes me friggin Nostradamus here.

Garth, If I had a spare $20 I would find a better use for it than making bets with you. I don't know the case well enough to put money on its outcome to begin with. I am just cynical enough to think that Bonds will buy his way out of trouble and come out smelling like a rose. This is just my opinion, not an exacta at Santa Anita.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25