View Single Post
Old Sun May 12, 2002, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member

Since I have never umpired one of their games........I am exempt from the ASA code of conduct in this instance........grin

Sorry Gary.........but I have not seen them play.......but do remember some articles in the Chronicle........the big question about Bryan this year was the graduation of their 2 time All State pitcher......

I still think they went the year with only 6-7 losses though.....so they MUST be a pretty good squad......somewhere in the back of my mind.......I thought I read that Bryan was counting on a solid defence and potent offensive line-up......

As glen noted.......he umped in a USSSA 16U National Qualifier tourney this weekend where we hooked up for awhile.........If I would have known your question before this tournament......I am sure I could have gotten a good scouting report.......

glens partner in the first two games, has a sister who is pitching for Elsik (who is still in the hunt)......and maybe he would have had some skinny on Bryan......

On a side note........glens partner in the games I saw was a young (seemingly up and coming) umpire that did a fine job. You would not have known that he and glen had never worked together before..........

Oh yeah.........glen did a fine job too (even though his shoes almost blinded me and half of the girls on the field)............and he might be as loud as I am on the when selling a call........grin

glen and I did have a few minutes to chat, and decided that we would love to work with some of the guys we have gotten to know on the board.........agreed it would be a hoot........and an honor to work with all of you guys......

We were also disappointed that Steve would not be coming down this Fall............sigh

Joel