View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 19, 2007, 11:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
The good Reverend obviously has a lower tolerance towards the defender's actions than a lot of other posters, including myself.
My tolerance is much higher with the coaches than it is with the players. I can count on one hand the 'T's' I've given a coach. Please remember, I never stated that I would handle this situation with a 'T;' I would simply back him up a step.

Quote:
Re: this situation, I can only tell you what my own personal opinion is. I think that you should just watch the play and see what develops. If the defender gets some bumps in or yaps a little, call it. Let them know that you're keeping an eye on them. If the defender's main goal is ball denial, then I'm not going to put the defender at an unfair advantage either. If I can't think up a rule to apply, then I ain't gonna make up a new one. The defender deserves to be treated exactly the same as his opponent.
Well said. This is exactly how I would handle the situation. Sadly, the officials (two) did not monitor the situation (at least not in the first half. I left at half time to take my wife on a date ).