View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 19, 2007, 11:33am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Sheez, tom, lighten up. Jurassic and MTD are definitely authoritative but you've never let that stop you from disagreeing with them. SO why is it now a problem when the Rev does it?
Its a problem because it is bogus.

There were years where I listened to veterans and shut up. I watched how they dressed for games, how they officiate and other things. I really feel like that is missing now. You tell me how to motivate someone who knows they are going to get games regardless of how good of a job they do? You tell me how to get officials to show integrity for the game - do the right thing for 32 or 40 minutes every time out. You tell me how to get someone to be a good partner or at least attempt to improve on their partnering skills. You tell me how to get someone to pay attention to what the heck they are doing on the court. If you can tell me how to do that, I will shut up. Consider those of us here the vast minority. There are officials who don't know anything about this board that are butchering high school games nightly. For many, the only thing that matters is more games and more money.

It isn't even Thanksgiving yet and I've had enough of these officials here (Mississippi). Tonight I'm working with a guy who runs his yap all the time, but cannot officiate! I already know this. I want to be positive, but I know something is going to happen and I could be the one put into the trick bag because I want to make sure both teams have a fair shot at winning the game.

Thank you Rainmaker, now I can probably lighten up since I've go that off my chest!