View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 06:52pm
Huck Finn

My point was exactly what Rut said. If you penalize all unsporting acts to include this situation then fine. However, if you don't give a T for every unsporting act, but want to make a big deal out of this I would question that. I see this in my local meetings all the time. Officials want to make a big deal out of the most specific rule - something that will probably never happen - but they can't officiate once they have to put their words into action.
I'm just the type person, and official, that doesn't have a lot of time to talk about things I would never do. Excuse me if I'm wrong about anyone - this is a general statement. For someone to discuss something for an extended period of time and then not do it is dumb to me. That is just a waste of my time and a reason why my high school pregames are often short. BSing people just isn't my thing and I feel like this situation wouldn't become this big of an issue.
I would like someone to respond to Rut about a complaining coach. Would you penalize a complaining coach just like you would penalize a player for getting/staying in another player's face and not doing anything - the situation we are talking about.

Can someone stop TO?