View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 06:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
You ignore unsporting acts?
Or, you judge borderline acts based on the context, to determine whether they are "unsporting?"
Do not take what Tommy said out of context. He did use the term "ignore." He said that do you penalize every unsporting act (no matter the severity). In other words, do you ever warn or just simply give a T every time something fits the "unsporting" portion of the rules. I would suggest that officials here do not call a T every time something "unsporting" takes place.

I can give you a great example of that. I almost never see an official call a T just because a coach complains about a call. Complaining about a call can be like Rule 10-4-1b: "Attempting to influence an official's decision." Every time a coach says something about the foul count or talks to you about consistency, they are violating that rule explicitly. I do not see many Ts for those actions unless they get to a point they have been doing it all game long. And I know many officials claim they ignore coaches when they start complaining.

Peace