View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 05:02pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Ref63
The best way I can describe the posture that A1 took is to have you imagine someone standing in front of you as close as possible without actually touching you. He is staring directly in your eyes right in your face. Every time you move he moves to get right in your face again. Not beside you, not behind you, not in front of you facing away, but in your face staring at you eye-to-eye.

This is the posture that A1 took and it occurred during free throws and foul reporting, and even when coach B called B1 to the sideline to talk during a free throw on the defensive end when team B was shooting. It also occurred while B1 was on defense.

I wish I were exaggerating. You'll see that my description has been consistent from the OP.
I am not going to convince you and you are not going to convince me. It is just not going to happen right now. If you feel this warrants a T, then call a T. There is not much I can say to tell you otherwise. But just keep in mind that if you do call that, you might have similar reaction to that call in real life as you are getting now. And I am not the person you have to ultimately have to answer to. If your assignor thinks that is a terrible ruling, they will make some decisions that you might not ultimately like.

And yes the level and the stage this would be called at would make a huge difference. I just got through working a semi-final football game and the first call I made was scrutinized much more than any single call I can think of this season. There were also a couple of non-calls that I was involved in that also brought some scrutiny. In this game we did not have a hold call all game; the first hold call of the game made by my Referee had the coach come unglued after a call that I am sure was a decent one. So the level you make this call can mean everything and more scrutiny based on what game you are calling on. You will have different reactions if the people that are watching see you working a post season game (rivalry, TV game, specific conference game, just fill in the blank) as compared to JH game or Freshman B game. That is just the way it is even if you think it does not matter.

Peace