View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 15, 2007, 01:37pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch
Originally Posted by Bearfanmike20
.... a coach can tell you if you are calling consistent game or not. A coach can see if you have an arrogant attitude... coaches can convey alot from their posistion.

I would agree to SOME degree with Bearfanmike. I have a cousin who's the girls varsity coach at a local school, and I have done some freshman and reserve girls games for that school. He's usually watching the games (more or less to monitor progress by the players in his progress and to see if his assistants are doing their jobs), and there were times he's had some feedback for me, both positive and not-so-positive. He was able to discern whether I was being consistent, and if my attitude was bordering on arrogant or not. Usually, if I got the feeling he was sugar-coating something, I'd ask him bluntly to be blunt and he will be.
If you're talking about someone who has some reason to be partial towards you as well as the team, I'll go with it to some degree. In general, with coaches who aren't related to you, I don't think they're generally qualified to judge an official's consistency.